In 2004 Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin, and Technische Universität Berlin initiated the program "ProFiL. Professionalization of Women in Research and Teaching: Mentoring – Training – Networking" and since then have been working successfully together to promote young researchers with regard to excellence and gender equality. So far through this program 124 women have been appointed to W3/W2 professorship positions and 33 others to junior professorships. The presidents of the three Berlin universities have issued an invitation to the kick-off event of the 9th ProFiL round:
"Making Academic Careers More Attractive –
Current Reform Proposals and Their Potential for Political Equality"
July 2, 2012, 5 p.m.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Senate Meeting Room in the Main Building
Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin
The welcome speech will be given by the Vice President for Academic and International Affairs at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Prof. Dr. Michael Kämper-van den Boogaart. In the subsequent panel discussion the latest reform proposals will be discussed with regard to their possible effects and opportunities for implementation of equality policy. The guests participating in the panel discussion are:
- Prof. Dr. Michael Kämper-van den Boogaart, Vice President for Academic and International Affairs, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Dr. Anke Burkhardt, Deputy Director, Institut für Hochschulforschung Wittenberg
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Schreiber, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Christina Sichtmann, Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna
- Prof. Dr. Tatjana Tönsmeyer, Fachbereich Geschichte, Bergische Universität Wuppertal
- Moderation: Dorothea Jansen, Academic Coordinator, ProFiL Program
Registration and Further Information:
Dorothea Jansen, Academic Coordinator, Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 314-29304, Email: email@example.com