The Peking University and Freie Universität Berlin Joint Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program aims to promote research cooperation as a career track to leverage synergies between Freie Universität Berlin and Peking University. The two universities establish a joint Post-Doctoral Fellowship scheme with competitively awarded grants to foster the career development of young researchers. The goal of this initiative is to pool resources and attract highly promising postdoctoral researchers to the combined strengths of two renowned research universities working in partnership. The Joint Post-Doctoral Fellowship aims to empower PostDocs for their next career step at a leading international research university.
Information for interested PostDocs:
- Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months, starting on October 1, 2017, and consists of two phases:
- Phase 1: 12 months of research at Freie Universität Berlin;
- Phase 2: 12 months of research at Peking University
(or vice versa).
- The Post-Doctoral fellows will conduct their research projects under the joint supervision of Freie Universität and Peking University experienced researchers.
- For the first call for proposals, applications are invited in the following fields:
- Area Studies
- Data Science and Applied Mathematics
- For the 12 months stay at FUB: A monthly stipend of € 2,000 and a one-time relocation allowance (€ 2,000).
- For the 12 months stay at PKU: A monthly stipend of 15,000 RMB. The fellows can receive an additional 3,500 RMB per month for self-organised accomodation or choose to live in a PKU guesthouse.
- The Post-Doctoral Fellows will further be eligible to apply for travel funding.
Please see the current Call for Proposals here (pdf). The deadline was March 15, 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Judith Winkler, Center for International Cooperation, Phone: +49 30 838 739 49, E-Mail: email@example.com