It is necessary for you to bring the following documents and personal records when coming to Berlin:
- Passports or equivalent identity documents for yourself and any family members coming with you. Please note that these documents should be valid for your entire stay in Germany.
- Entry visa(s) for yourself and any family members coming with you.
- Proof of admission/ acceptance by your department/ Letter of invitation from the university or institute. This may also be your supervisor’s letter of acceptance of your research project or the fellowship award letter.
- Several biometric passport photos
- Certified copies of your university degree certificates (in German or English). For enrollment at the university you will need to present certified copies of your highschool graduation certificate and other university degree certificates in German or English.
Birth certificate(s) and certified translations in German or English for yourself and any family members coming with you.
Proof of health insurance coverage in Germany.
International vaccination certificate or certified translations in German or English of vaccination certificate .
If applicable, marriage certificate and certified translations in German or English.
If applicable, international or national driver’s license together with certified translation in German or English, and proof of car insurance (“Green Card”). More information here.